Frequently Asked Questions
- Question: I don't know or have forgotten my password. How do I reset it?
- Answer: You can request a password reset by visiting this page.
- Question: My recommendation status is "Pending". What does that mean?
- Answer: When requesting an external recommendation, the task will show as "Pending" before the recommender has submitted their recommendation. The task will be marked "Completed" when the recommender has submitted their recommendation.
- Question: The dates/times associated with my submitted material seem to be a few hours off. Why is this?
- Answer: This happens when we are unaware of your local timezone. Please set your timezone in your account settings page.
- Gmail users click here for directions.
- Microsoft Outlook users click here for directions.
- Hotmail users click here for directions.
Question: Where can I go to see if I am qualified for other scholarships?
Question: What is the application deadline?
It is February 6, 2016, 12:00 noon Eastern Standard Time for Academic and Art Merit Awards
Question: What are the essay questions of the Academic and Art Merit Awards?
For Academic Merit: "Describe your single most memorable Foreign Service experience and why it is important to you."
For Art Merit: "Based on the art you submitted, what inspired you to create/perform these pieces.
The essays need to be at 12 point font and double spaced.
Question: What happens if my recommender doesn't get an email to complete an online reviewroom recommendation?
We suggest that recommenders add "email@example.com" to their spam filter to allow emails from Fluidreview to come through to their email inboxes.(See above.) The student or the recommender can contact Lori Dec, AFSA Scholarship Director at 202 944 5504 (ph) or firstname.lastname@example.org or Jonathan Crawford at 202 338 4045 ext 714 or email@example.com for additional help.
An applicant will need to list and describe up to three community service activities (no more than 150 words each).
Question: Why is my Transcripts and Standardized Test Scores not showing "Complete" when I know they have been submitted by my school and/or by myself?
The above information will not begin to be updated in the system until the mid-January. There is always a day or two lag time between when the information is submitted and when the system is updated.
Question: Where do I apply for the AFSA need-based Financial Aid Scholarship Program for undergraduate college study?
You can apply for AFSA Financial Aid at http://afsa-financial.myreviewroom.com. The application deadline is March 6. Applicants must be tax dependent children of AFSA members.
Quesiotn: If I have additional questions, who can I contact?
Technical problem? Please fill out a support request form for assistance.